Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Let's DO THIS THING!


So we've decided that we're going to have our own little monthly (or even weekly??) Pinterest challenge.  Did you SEE those curtains Tyson just whipped up??  I need to make them for our kitchen - the afternoon sun blinds us daily... and it has for 3 years (I'd say it's high time I fixed that!).











I made some mean pumpkin muffins for a neighbor on Saturday thanks to The Pioneer Woman.  They. Were. Absolutely. Amazing.  I could have eaten the entire batch, but they were for our neighbor ... so I only ate 4...

I followed her recipe except, I did not put in the ginger, I cut the nutmeg in half and used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk.  I also did mini muffins, so I baked them at 360 for about 14 minutes (my oven bakes hot and fast... that's what she said).  They were seriously delicious.

I saved 2 for my hubby










































I just purchased 2 drop cloths from home depot for about $10 a piece to use to make curtains for our bedroom, but I've since decided I want to use them to make a tufted headboard for my daughter's room.  Something like this:

http://www.schuelove.com/2011/12/tufted-headboard-tutorial.html

or this:

http://diyshowoff.com/2012/03/29/drop-cloth-headboard-tutorial/

(wish I could use their pics! click on the links!)



I'm also trying to pick out some fabric for some pillows on our couch - anyone else have trouble mixing fabrics?  I love Jenny's fabric mixing formula from the Little Green Notebook.  (She's hosting a giveaway right now if you're interested!)


















A few random things:

 Can anyone recommend a child's bicycle seat?  We're thankful for the hand-me-down that we have, but it's missing a few pieces (no doubt lost in our garage somewhere) and is being held securely on by bungee cords :). (not to worry, our daughter is safe)

Did you know that if Publix scans an item and it rings up the wrong price (a price higher than that on the shelf) that they will give you that item for free???  With the coupons and store deals and the wrong price on the scanner I got both of these products for $1.29!!  Cheapest laundry detergent and dish soap I've ever bought!




Another pinterest project... the list goes on and on!









No comments:

Post a Comment