Monday, July 23, 2012

Legally Blonde

A bottle blonde walks into a bar salon... and the rest of the story goes a little something like this, "that'll be $140."  And that doesn't include the tip.  And if you're in a big city, just tack on another $100.  Ouch.  If you get highlights/color and your haircut, you've been there, too.  Unless, of course, you have a knack for impeccable self-highlighting and trimming.  I do not.  I've been known to cut my own bangs (when I had them 15 years ago) so short you would have thought I stood in front of a candle too long.

rewind to a few weeks ago...

I was out to dinner with some mom friends to have a bottle glass of wine at Miyos before we had our thrill of watching Channing Tatum dance like I don't know what, when one of the girls said she was going to Paul Mitchell the School to get her hair done that week.  She had gone before and had highlights and a cut and it was around $75.  It doesn't take this mom long to do that math in her head... almost half of what I had been spending.  I decided THEN that I was going to give it a try.  Color me blonde and call me happy.  It was fabulous!*  I'll have to warn you, it takes about 4 hours because the stylists-in-training have to get everything checked off by a supervisor.  BUT I enjoyed all of those 4 hours and I love my hair!  And let me tell you how much this little "do" cost me: $53!!!!!  Um, that's a third of what I was spending.  I'll be going back soon!  The school is on Gervais street literally in the back of Tsunami and directly across Adluh.  I would definitely call them and ask how to get there because 700 Gervais is a ginormous building.

during


after


Another little tip on saving some moolah.  I love the look of a pedicure, but I'm not a huge fan of the price.  So, I went into the new Sephora at the mall here and purchased this little beauty:



It was over $9, but that's better than $25-$40 and the polish is Sephora by OPI, so you know it's good.  It lasts forever and doesn't take 1,481 coats - one or two will do the trick.  

I don't know about you, but a good haircut and some painted nails makes me feel like a million bucks :).


*Obviously I cannot guarantee your experience will be as delightful as mine, BUT I can tell you, for me, it was awesome.  Oh, and Lydia was my stylist.

~Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment