Monday, July 9, 2012

Traveling with kids: 1100 miles, 100 goldfish, 14 stops, and 6 days of fun later

Last Tuesday I left for the open road with my kids (the hubs joined us Friday).  We went up to (right outside) the Pittsburgh area to visit my Dad's side of the fam.  We left at 4 a.m. to drive the 11 hours - whew!  I had everything packed the day before including the FIVE movies the kids watched
AANNNDDD these brilliant containers:




















A friend of mine suggested these compartmentalized containers for traveling.  They're wonderful!  No spilled ketchup, juice, etc, and a perfect place for fast food meals, crayons, juice, snacks, etc.  I got 3 from Target's clearance section (in the front of the store), but I'm not sure if they have them any longer.  Well worth your time to go and check.

two happy kids a few hours into the trip




going in for the hug
big brother love


watching and waiting for candy
Sweet baby slept through firetruck sirens


showing mommy his loot





















If you ever get a chance to go to the 4th of July parade in Midland, PA, GO.  GO GO GO!!!  It is a fabulous parade.  The more red, white and blue, the merrier.  Hence the patriotism we were wearing.  That sweet little smocked bubble my daughter is wearing is from Smocked Auctions on facebook.  I LOOOVVVEE their "steal of the night."  If you haven't checked them out, go on over and take a look.

Hope you all had a fabulous 4th celebrating America's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment